Pages

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Got Lucky...the week recap

Man o man...The Get Lucky 7K was last weekend, it was a fun race.  However I did not do a well as I had hoped...stupid training.  Any who there are a few stories for that week.
Monday I decide to go red-ish brown with my hair, I did not get so lucky.  It turned out to be MUCH more red than I had anticipated.  However now it is pretty much faded, except for my roots which is odd, but I guess I got lucky anyway.  
Thursday I was supposed to take the day off work for the St. Patrick's Day parade in St. Paul, but friends had a funeral so I was not so lucky, and I had to work.  However Friday I did have the day off! WOO!
Saturday was the race - and it was good.
THEN...dun dun dun (Heidi, don't hate me!) We were heading to lunch to meet a friend.  In Minneapolis there are several one-way streets, and many with three lanes.  In Eau Claire, Wisconsin there are not.  So Heidi is driving along looking for parking and is about to turn left, when I say "you're going to make an illegal turn".  She is in the center lane, and does not see the gigantic Esclade coming up in the left lane behind us.  She turns.  The Esclade swerves onto the side street and lucky enough there wasn't a car parked at the end of the block.  The woman opens her window and says "are you out of your freaking mind".  Then she sits there for another few minutes.  We think she took down our plates and was calling us in.  Or was going to stalk us and smash in the car windows while we were at lunch.  It was an intense hour of our lives! Then after lunch she nearly hits a little Asian woman crossing the street.  But that wasn't nearly as exciting.  But a lucky day over all.
Sunday I started my working out again.  Lifting and cardio.  I'm gonna get with it, on my own.  Get back to where I was physically before dating Dave (found out he's still going to the gym. I figured he would have quit.  That's sort of lit a fire under my butt to get back in shape too.  Show him what he gave up!).  I was very proud of myself back then! ...not so much now.  I lifted three times this week, and had a double header on Tuesday for volleyball so I think I've been pretty good this week.  Not working out tonight because I'm at work, however I feel like I should go in.  But I didn't bring my gym bag and going home and back out at 930 seems like a lot of work!  Tomorrow I'll lift after work and before baking! 
 Monday I got a promotion at work! Yea! Finally.  My boss told me and I started to cry.  Partly because I had written this whole big thing out over the weekend about how I work more hours than I'm getting paid for and I'm totally over whelmed and I feel like I'm going no where fast.  I think I still have it.  I think I should hold on to that one. 
Tomorrow's a half day at work!  Then the gym then baking a birthday cake for Brian and cupcakes for Katie! We're throwing a suprise birthday party/welcome home party for the two of them! I'm pumped! I just hope that I make it through the day from my long volleyball tournament and then heading over there! Big weekend! I'm just excited for Katie to come home! She's been in Korea for 15 months! Dang it went by so fast!!

Well I'm excited for the weekend and excited for a lot right now.  I'm in a good place today.  I hope it continues!
May think about training for a half marathon in June....must decide fast!   Before prices go up!  If I follow my training program, I want to treat myself to a Ninja Kitchen System! It looks like the coolest non-blender EVER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment