Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Dolla Dolla Billz ya'll

So my manager pulled me into a room this morning (had my  annual review on Tuesday) She had a piece of paper in her hand.  The last time this happened I was being told I was being promoted! Woop Woo!  But also the last time this happened her boss was also in the room.  So I knew it wasn't the promotion that I've been working towards for the last 2.5 years! (I have plenty of bitterness about that...later on)

So any who, she pulls me in the room and tells me that I've gotten a Merritt increase.  WTF? Apparently the are the annual raises that the company used to give to employees if they had not been promoted in that year.  However, a co-worker got the same letter (probably more $$), but she was promoted 2x in 2010....huh...

So I got a raise, the annual increase which seemed nice until I got back to my desk...I did the math...per hour its an increase of less than $0.50 an hour! It made my laugh at myself for being so excited about it.  It's better than nothing.  I'm lucky to have a good steady job.  I'm grateful (sometimes) to have two jobs!

It seems like it's about time us employees start seeing some of the great growth and accomplishments we've been working on for this company!  We get memos from the CEO every so often telling us how, even though the economy sucks right now, our company is still number 1, still doing amazing.  So why didn't you start matching our 401k like a year ago instead of a month ago?  Why are people sitting a tables around our office instead of expanding and getting new cubes? Why did you shut down an accounting office down south? Why are you outsourcing more of our jobs to India?

Well that turned in to more of a rant that I an anticipated...sorry Charlie

No comments:

Post a Comment